Articles worth reading

Marikina starts booster shots for seniors

account_balanceMarikina access_time4 days ago

Marikina began the administration of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) booster shots to the A1, A2, and A3 vaccine groups on Nov. 27, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The city is prioritizing to vaccinate frontline medical workers, senior citi...

Antipolo waives taxes for SMEs earning P200,000 or less

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Antipolo City local government said all business taxes and other regulatory fees of some small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are still waived amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. “Bilang patuloy na ...

Pharma companies prefer bilateral negotiations

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The government is open to entering into tripartite deals for the second wave procurement of coronavirus jabs but vaccine makers prefer bilateral negotiations, National Task Force (NTF) Against Covid-19 chief implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. s...

Metro Manila News

Golf tour kicks off new season at Eagle Ridge

account_balanceMetro Manila chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Riding on the crest of its successful re-start in a pandemic-hit year, the Pilipinas Golf Tournaments, Inc. penciled a two-stage tournament for the Philippine Golf Tour and the Ladies PGT next month to usher its 2021 season with accent still on the safety and health of the players and all the personnel involved.

The Eagle Ridge Golf and Country Club in Gen. Trias, Cavite, the country’s largest golfing facility with four championship courses, will host the March 9-12 (ICTSI Eagle Ridge Challenge) and March 23-26 (ICTSI Eagle Ridge Championship) events at the Aoki and Norman layouts, respectively.

Like in its first two-tournament bubble marking the resumption of both tours at Riviera’s Couples and Langer courses late last year, strict health protocols will be imposed for the duration of the twin events.

“As much as we wanted to provide opportunities for our pros, we have to ensure that it will be safe and responsible to resume our tour,” said Colo Ventosa, general manager of the organizing PGTI.

The Games and Amusements Board actually endorsed the staging of more pro tournaments right after the first Riviera tournament last November, citing the PGTI’s strict compliance with the Dept. of Health-Philippine Sports Commission-GAB Joint Administrative Order with regard government’s health and safety guidelines.

But the PGTI and the sponsoring ICTSI had wanted that all safety measures are in place before resuming the circuit.

Registration is ongoing with the PGTI expecting around 85 players in men’s and ladies sides to participate. Deadline for listup is on March 2 at 5 p.m.

This article was originally published by Philstar

Advertisement

date_rangeDate Published
9 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

No releated news for this article.
Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature