Articles worth reading
Visitors stand at the mall's entrance as they scan the QR code and fill-up the registration using their smartphones for the digital contact tracing platform application being implemented in some establishments at the Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City on Tuesday (Feb. 23, 2021) / PNA

DILG asks public to stay vigilant vs. new Covid variants

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The public must continue to be vigilant and comply with minimum health protocols amid the emergence of new coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) variants, an official of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said in a report b...

Photo Courtesy of Makati PIO

Makati Council approves PPP venture for Ospital ng Makati 2 

account_balanceMakati access_time4 days ago

Ospital ng Makati 2 (OsMak 2) is on its way to completion, made possible with a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Agreement approved Wednesday by the City Council, Mayor Abby Binay today said. In a regular council session, the Sangguniang Panlungsod ...

Sportswriters to honor PBA teams 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The PBA Press Corps will be handing out a major award to all the league's 12 member teams for its upcoming awards night on Sunday, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. The group of sportswriters covering the PBA beat announced on Wed...

Metro Manila News

Dustin Johnson looks forward to an exciting season after claiming his second Saudi International championship. SAM GREENWOOD/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

Johnson excited after Saudi success

account_balanceMetro Manila chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

World No. 1 Dustin Johnson says he’s “excited” for the rest of the season after his imperious run of form continued when he won the Saudi International for the second time in three years on Sunday.

The 36-year-old American, who finished runner-up here last year, shot a two-under par 68 in tricky conditions to tally 15-under par 265.

That eventually proved to be two shots better than the group in tied second place at 13-under par — England’s Justin Rose (65) and American Tony Finau (67).

It was Johnson’s third win in eight starts since winning the Northern Trust Open on the PGA Tour, a run that includes his Masters triumph as well.

His only finish outside the top-10 since finishing runner-up in the PGA Championship in August last year is a tied 11th place at this year’s Tournament of Champions in Hawaii.

“It’s definitely nice to get a win in an event that is not on my tour. After Augusta, to get my first win, obviously, the game’s still in really good form and I’m really excited about the rest of the year,” Johnson said.

“I was very pleased with the way I was swinging the club. I felt like I really controlled the golf ball well in some windy conditions. I drove it well.”

“I did everything really well except for holing some putts. I am proud of winning when I didn’t feel like I was completely on all cylinders as far as where everything was working well.”

Johnson started the round two shots ahead of Frenchman Victor Perez and even though he missed birdie chances from inside four feet on the 10th and 12th holes, he managed to stay ahead with a solitary birdie on the par-5 fourth hole.

Rose completed his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th, but Johnson’s closest challengers — Finau and Perez — made crucial mistakes coming down the stretch to give him enough breathing space.

This article was originally published By Agence France-Presse.

Advertisement

date_rangeDate Published
3 weeks ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

 Filipina-Japanese golfer Yuka Saso

Yuka Saso named PSA Athlete of the Year

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode21 hours ago

Filipina-Japanese golfer Yuka Saso will headline this year's Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Awards. The country's oldest media organization announced on Sunday that Saso, who quickly made waves in her rookie season as a pro last ...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature